[Starlingx-discuss] Release plan update

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Wed Aug 1 20:59:50 UTC 2018

Here is an update from our F2F meeting today.  We are changing the release cadence from 4 releases per year to 3 per year.

We are targeting releases for 2019 in March, July and November.

We are canceling the August code freeze and the September release for Q3.  Instead we will code freeze in September for a release in October, to support the November OpenStack Summit.

We will continue monthly branch and test releases, but our shared goal is to invest in test automation (in Zuul and otherwise) to ensure that master remains stable.   Once we reach that goal we will revisit the need for monthly branches.

         brucej