[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX API Documentation
Arce Moreno, Abraham
abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Fri Aug 3 16:39:24 UTC 2018
A new goal in collaboration with our Tech Writing team is to document StarlingX APIs,
so we did an initial research on what it means for StarlingX so your feedback is
[ OpenStack :: API ]
For this activity we are initially be considering from API Documentation 2 separate
efforts for each project:
- API Guide .. the concepts in the API
- API Ref .. a reference for the API
Can we prioritize one over the other?
[ StarlingX :: API ]
It seems we can categorize the StarlingX APIs in 2:
- Brand New APIs from StarlingX projects
- Existing APIs from OpenStack projects
[ StarlingX :: API :: Brand New ]
The projects falling into this category are the following:
-  NFVI Orchestration
-  High Availability/Process Monitoring/Service Management
-  StarlingX System Configuration Management
-  Horizon plugins for new StarlingX services
-  Installation/Update/Patching/Backup/Restore
Can we considered all the above to be included in this API documentation effort?
Are we missing any other?
[ StarlingX :: API :: Existing ]
All projects living under our starlingx-staging github organization  with
upstream contributions  e.g. horizon, ceilometer, etc.
We have not gone through a deeper review if we are modifying/adding
new calls into the OpenStack projects however if we are and we need to document
- There is official OpenStack <Project> API documentation, we can make references
to them for the existing calls
- What about the modifications/additions? Should we document them?
What is the best place for this? We were talking in our weekly call about stx-docs
is a good place for things without a repo, is this a good example?
- Any easy way besides "find + grep" to get where those API modifications are happening?
[ StarlingX :: API :: Unit Tests]
OpenStack projects includes Unit Tests. Is this something we also need to consider
for our StarlingX Bran New APIs?
More information about the Starlingx-discuss