[Starlingx-discuss] [RFC] StarlingX Developer Guide

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Tue Aug 7 16:55:53 UTC 2018

On 08/06/2018 06:54 PM, Liu, ZhipengS wrote:
> Hi Abraham and all,
>
> I have some proposals as below.
>
> In current developer guide, we have 2 containers for mirror download and build.
> Can we change it to only use 1 container for both? We will have 2 benefits at least
> 1) Simplify developer guide and remove some steps, such as mirror copy.
I am not sure this is a good idea, remember we are trying to move to a
direction where the developers are not individually creating mirrors,
but instead using a yum download or better yet a Koji Instance to to
build the packages.

I have talked with folks about this, but I actually think we need to
break the build down to re-package the Patched SRPMs as a seperate step
so it can be done on the mirror so each developer does not need to deal
with patching SRPM or creating the SRPM from the tarballs.

Ultimately the developers should be consuming prebuilt RPMs (noarch or
x86_64) unless they are specifically changing code for a certain feature
or functionality in the Flock or Openstack.

Sau!