[Starlingx-discuss] Questions about Provider MTU feature for StarlingX upstreaming

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Wed Aug 8 14:19:00 UTC 2018

+ list

From: Qin, Kailun
Sent: Monday, August 6, 2018 12:01 AM
To: Jolliffe, Ian <Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com>
Cc: Troyer, Dean <dean.troyer at intel.com>; Jones, Bruce E <bruce.e.jones at intel.com>; Chilcote Bacco, Derek A <derek.a.chilcote.bacco at intel.com>; Le, Huifeng <huifeng.le at intel.com>; Qin, Kailun <kailun.qin at intel.com>; Xu, Chenjie <chenjie.xu at intel.com>; Zhao, Forrest <forrest.zhao at intel.com>; Guo, Ruijing <ruijing.guo at intel.com>
Subject: Questions about Provider MTU feature for StarlingX upstreaming

Hi Ian,

We are analyzing the provider MTU feature for StarlingX upstreaming, in which case the patch 021ae1a introduced providernet MTU and c647127 introduced the port granularity bindings for MTU.

Since the upstream neutron already has the network granularity MTU implemented [1] and made it available to be created or updated [2], would you please kindly help check whether we need to upstream this feature?
If so, would you please share some business use cases or user stories related with us?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/480738/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/483091/

Let me know if any question. Thanks a lot!

BR,
Kailun