[Starlingx-discuss] Notes from the project call today

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Wed Aug 8 20:22:43 UTC 2018

Agenda and notes for the 8/8 meeting
Recording: https://zoom.us/recording/share/8ko3BAnVqYpI-DvUlf5VsMXNucFFGDLpsDeUaEMVuQ-wIumekTziMw

  *   Key results from last week's F2F
o    Release schedule changed - now Oct'18, Mar'19, Jul'19.  3 per year
o    Build infra - we agreed that package versions can float except for packages that are patched
o    Sub-projects were finalized with Team Leads and Primes assigned.
o    Initial governance and TSC proposal discussed for input to the Foundation.  Bruce to post the proposal to the list. DONE.
o    The beer in Ottawa is quite tasty.

  *   Bug tracking options
o    External bugzilla instance (hosted by whom?)  Github.com issue tracking?
o    Launchpad?  This is the option recommended by the Foundation, who supports a migration tool from LP to SB if we want such in the future.  Need a small group (Bruce, Ghada, anyone else) to evaluate LP.

  *   Networking / Neutron upstream questions (in emails on the list)
o    tenant based custom setting and mac filter (d875491, c647127, b189392e, 28d6f56)
o    VXLAN provider network feature
o    provider MTU feature
o    provider network management feature (021ae1a)
o    router & DHCP rescheduling feature (00dd7cb, 05aed14)
o    system host management feature (566b640, 4aa521e, baa8264, c6849f, e6669ec)

  *   Influx DB version - the one we're using is 2 years old.  Can it float?  If not, can we update it to something newer? Abe to take to the mailing list.

  *   Matt's analysis of the Nova patches - please review for his view on the Nova changes https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ugp1FVWMsu4x3KgrmPf7HGX8Mh1n80v-KVzweSDZunU/edit#gid=0

  *   Default install login and password - change?  Yes but this is not easy.  Work should be part of the config team.  Bruce to create a story for them.

  *   Build team status
o    Mirror script changes for per-company mirrors
o    Koji POC
o    Bruce/Saul/Chuy/Abe to discuss hosting the 9 packages in Clear Linux.
o    Internally running jobs to check the mirror scripts for updates.  Reporting to internal Slack.  Report to IRC?  email?
o    Also running an internal job to do full builds, seeing 3 daily builds succeeding.

  *   Release team status
o    Update from Release/Test teams on last milestone branch (2018.07) (Requested by Ghada)

  *   Dashboard to be posted this week

  *   Daily testing requested - can we run/report Sanity each day?  AR Ada to discuss on the list
o    Feedback on Release Plan wiki update
o    AR Dean to pull stx.m2018.08 for the August milestone branch
o    Sample sub-project wiki page / tags

  *   Other teams status
o    stx-gui - unknown