[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX Documentation Initial Template

Arce Moreno, Abraham abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Thu Aug 9 21:33:40 UTC 2018

> On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 6:13 AM, Waines, Greg
> <Greg.Waines at windriver.com> wrote:
> > ( I’m assuming that it will NOT be API documentation, I see
> > discussions on that elsewhere.  And would be located at
> > https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/starlingx/ ??? )
>
> The actual location has not been finalized yet.  I imagine it to be something
> like docs.starlingx.io.

How to decide where to land the documentation? 2 options:

  - docs.openstack.com
  - docs.starlingx.io

[ OpenStack Documentation ]
For each project we create source code directories to enable specific
functionality:

<stx-project>/docs/                  General Documentation
<stx-project>/api-ref/              API Reference
<stx-project>/api-guide/         API Guide
<stx-project>/releasenotes/  Release Notes

Help Needed! Can you please help me to fill out ethercalc [0] which has the list
of projects and the functionality that could be implemented with a Yes or No?
This is in preparation to enable our Tech Writing team for the next release.

[ docs.starlingx.io ]

This option will allows us to take advantage of the infrastructure not only
to create but also to land our documentation as follows, depending on
what is the functionality available from the project:

<stx-project>/docs/                 -> docs.openstack.org/<stx-project>
<stx-project>/api-ref/             -> developer.openstack.org/api-ref/<stx-project>
<stx-project>/api-guide/        -> developer.openstack.org/api-guide/<stx-project>
<stx-project>/releasenotes/ -> docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/<stx-project>

[ docs.starlingx.io ]

Source code directory structure can be kept however, what could be the landing
process since it will be out of OpenStack infrastructure?

How about the layout?

Option 1
<stx-project>/docs/                 -> docs.starlingx.io/<stx-project>
<stx-project>/api-ref/             -> docs.starlingx.io/api-ref/<stx-project>
<stx-project>/api-guide/        -> docs.starlingx.io/api-guide/<stx-project>
<stx-project>/releasenotes/ -> docs.starlingx.io/releasenotes/<stx-project>

Option 2
<stx-project>/docs/                 -> docs.starlingx.io/<stx-project>
<stx-project>/api-ref/             -> api-ref.starlingx.io/ <stx-project>
<stx-project>/api-guide/        -> api-guide.starlingx.io/<stx-project>
<stx-project>/releasenotes/ -> releaseanotes.starlingx.io/<stx-project>

Option 3
Any other :)

[0] https://ethercalc.openstack.org/sifnpbvze9lb