[Starlingx-discuss] adding packages normally installed using "pip install"

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Mon Aug 13 23:22:22 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm looking to add the "airship-armada" package
(git://git.openstack.org/openstack/airship-armada) and it wants to bring in
another three packages that are normally installed via "pip install" (grpcio,
grpcio-tools, and protobuf)

Does anyone have any bright ideas about how to cleanly create RPMs for these
packages?  Given that we have multiple packages (and may later on have more) it
seems wrong to just copy/paste stuff into the RPM spec file.  I was wondering
whether it'd make sense to add native support somehow for PIP packages.

Chris