[Starlingx-discuss] build Starlingx Image

Shang, Dehao dehao.shang at intel.com
Wed Aug 22 05:47:09 UTC 2018

Hi:

         When I try to build starlingx image, i have some problems and can't resolve it.

         I follow the following doc to build our image.
         https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Developer_Guide#Build_the_CentOS_Mirror_Repository

         At setup building Docker Container, step 7:
                  make build

         At building process,  executing the below command will fails.
         RUN useradd -r -u $MYUID -g cgts -m $MYUNAME &&     ln -s /home/$MYUNAME/.ssh /mySSH
         Error is useradd: UID 0 is not unique.

         I try to add flag -o into useradd, so can pass this step. But at build packages, step 4 will fails.

        build-pkgs --serial
         The main reason of this step is that lighttpd startup fails.

         I also try other method to build it.
         For example: at /../stx-tools/Makefile file, delete -build-arg MYUID=$(UID) (at my host machine, i directly use root account)
         So, command "make build " can pass, but non-root account will be lack of permission to do anything inside container.

         Anybody have ideal to this issue.

Thanks
Dehao