[Starlingx-discuss] [Release] October Release Prep Kick-Off Meeting -- Call for participants

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 14:28:10 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 6:18 PM, Khalil, Ghada
<Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com> wrote:
> If you are interested in participating, please let me know and indicate your
> time preference.
>
> Time Options:
>
> -        Tuesday Sept 4 3:00pm Eastern
>
> -        Wednesday Sept 5 4:00pm / 5:00pm / 6:00pm Eastern   >> we can do an
> evening meeting if that works for everyone
>
> -        Thursday Sept 6 2:00pm Eastern
>
> -        Friday Sept 7 9:00am Eastern

I think we have a regular meeting at the Wed 4:00 EDT, and other than
Thursday I am available.

> -        Align on release deliverables
> o   We have something related to this documented on the wiki already:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Release_Plan#Release_Definition

FWIW the bulk of that was written assuming STX is a source-only
project (officially).  I'd like to validate that assumption, could be
done beforehand too.

> -        Mechanics for creating the release branch/tags

Included here is how we want to handle an RC period.  I didn't see
that mentioned so I suppose we should first decide if we do want an RC
period.  FWIW OpenStack RCs are actually re-tagged for the release if
there are no changes at release time so it is actually more of a
timing thing...

dt

--

Dean Troyer