[Starlingx-discuss] TSC meeting minutes - Nov 29th

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Sun Dec 2 22:46:31 UTC 2018

The meeting agenda is here:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-cores

Feel free to propose agenda items, also please recognize we may not get to all items each week.

Standing topics:

Pending reviews for stx-governance
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/stx-governance,n,z
Pending reviews for stx-specs
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+AND+project:%255Eopenstack/stx-specs

  *   Call to TSC members we need some more reviews, please have a look.
  *   We agreed that a simple majority is acceptable and we would wait 48 hours prior to merging after achieving the simple majority.

11/29/18

Distro.openstack project - not active currently.  Keep it?  Disband it?  Use it for driving/tracking work on patch upstreaming and code refactoring?   -- brucej (5 min)
Proposal is to use this sub-project to track patch elimination and guide this work until we get to master.  Rebase would not be part of this project.
Agreed by TSC
Need to appoint PL/TL for the project - review candidates at next TSC meeting
Candidates for PL – call to community members for volunteer
Candidates for TL – call to community members for volunteer

Can all TSC members attend the proposed Jan 15-16 meetup in Phoenix?   -- Bruce (5 min)
Looks good for most TSC members, Eventbrite to follow for formal registration for community.

Release cadence - changes needed?  align with upstream OpenStack?  Time based or content based?  - Bruce & Ghada (15 min)
Recommend we follow the milestone of OpenStack and have our own check list, potentially with some offset (initially 6 weeks and revisit in the future)
Proposal is to align to two releases a year along with OpenStack.  We could do "dot" release for bugs in between.
dot release is defined already and can be done.  Can pick up an OpenStack stable as required.
Action: Bruce and Ghada will refine the proposal and provide update at next week’s meeting.
Update from Brent on patch elimination as discussed on community call (10 min)
Brent shared charts - will send out after the call
Please provide feedback
Update from Miguel - cross project discussions (Neutron/Nova) (5 min)
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-November/000138.html
Nova response: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-November/000150.html
Generally positive response from cross project teams
Neutron - Miguel attended the weekly meeting with the STX networking team and the major spec agreed to at the PTG has merged (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/599980 Network Segment Range Management )
Nova - add Stein Numa aware live migration spec -  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/599587/

Next release priorities - Ian ( 20 min )
https://ethercalc.openstack.org/fafyo2729fnr
Agreed we need a focus meeting on this – sending a proposed time to the TSC – once the meeting time is confirmed it will be posted to the mailing list
Action: PL/TL from sub-projects – please review all items tagged as high priority and provide input on whether or not this initiative is staffed for your sub-project or needs to be discussed.