[Starlingx-discuss] "Brent's Patch Reduction Plan" - Networking items

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Wed Dec 5 22:08:02 UTC 2018

I have been working on turning Brent's plan for patch reduction into actionable work items.

As part of this effort, I discussed with Brent, Bill and Derek ways we can improve our tracking.  We agreed to push all tracking out into the open, and until a better tool becomes available, to use Etherpads.

You can find the Etherpad for the Networking part of the Patch Reduction Plan here:  https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-openstack-patch-refactoring-neutron.   Please review and update as needed.

I have updated this with the latest status I have from Forrest.  I do not have the latest status from the Networking team beyond that, so there may be additional updates needed.

I don't know if we want to track this work within the Networking sub-project or within the distro.openstack sub-project.  I'm setting up a global Etherpad [0] with links to the sub-project pads, so as long as we agree to use these pads I'm not sure it matters which sub-project owns the work.  We will be able to track all of it across the sub-projects.  We should decide, of course.

Feedback graciously welcomed!

        Brucej

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-openstack-patch-refactoring