[Starlingx-discuss] Testing for CPEH upversion to v13.2.0?

Zhu, Vivian vivian.zhu at intel.com
Wed Dec 12 01:51:59 UTC 2018

Hi Cindy,

I have added you in another email thread about the latest issue we hit on Ceph upgrade.

What we finished, 11 commits have been merged to starlingx-staging/stx-ceph which are majorly addressing the ceph upgrade build process.

What we are working in progress, based on above code base, rebase 30+ patches to generate the build, hit the issue, we are consulting with WR about the suspicion patch to impact the build.

The coming steps include: 1. Solve the build issue to generate ISO 2. Test the ceph status on dedicated storage config.  3. May need WR team to check other configs if doubt the update impact to containerization projects (but I prefer we can accept the upgrade firstly since containerization project still needs last long, too many deltas will stagger the ceph upgrade again and again. ) 4. Rebased patches merging  5. Mexican team to test the build and prove accepted on the upgrade  6. Build team to switch to v13.2.2 on build script, then ceph upgrade can claim to be done.

Since CentOS upgrade is also working in progress, I prefer we can finish the ceph upgrade asap to avoid too many deltas in parallel to be impacted.

Thanks!

- Vivian
SSG OTC NST Storage