[Starlingx-discuss] Issue from internal Intel user

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Wed Dec 12 22:26:38 UTC 2018

Yatindra is trying to deploy StarlingX in Simplex mode.  I got the following email today.  Can we please give him some guidance as to how to get the system up and running?

Thank you!

       brucej

Simplex:   Controller-0 configuration was success.

-          Was able to provision controller-0 host as per the StarlingX Installation Simplex link<https://docs.starlingx.io/installation_guide/simplex.html#simplex>. But after unlocking controller-0 as per command "[wrsroot at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ system host-unlock controller-0",  system get rebooted and unable to get to the login screen giving  error like in the attached image(stx_reboot_connect_issue)  . It is like "State change failed: device is opened by someone".

-          Reboot takes multiple time and once after 5 times it reached to login screen. Then when I checked status about the controller-0 "[wrsroot at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ system host-list", in the availability column it says degraded. See Last command in the link<https://docs.starlingx.io/installation_guide/simplex.html#simplex>.

-          I tried re-installing, but faced another issue about LVM storage backend remaining in the state of configuring for longer time, hence failing to provision controller-0. Please look in the attached image(stxissue_simplex_lvm_configuring) which is output  of command [wrsroot at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ system storage-backend-list" for better understanding. When I run command "[wrsroot at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ system storage-backend-add lvm -s cinder --confirmed" there was some issue related to connecting to controller-oam interface. As LVM-storage backend state remained in the configuring state for long time, I tried to delete it which was not possible and neither it allowed me to create another.