[Starlingx-discuss] distributed cloud deployment

Curtis serverascode at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 13:28:53 UTC 2018

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 8:20 AM Banszel Martin <Martin.Banszel at tieto.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am interested in the distributed StarlingX deployment. Are there any
> guidelines how to deploy StarlingX in a distributed cloud?
>
> I have found the installation guide [0] which seems to support just a
> single dc installation – control, storage and compute nodes.
>
> Is there any support for zero-touch installation of StarlingX on remote
> nodes?

Hi Martin,

First, with regards to "zero touch", there is some work ongoing around
that, see this recent thread [1]. Feel free to chime in with your
particular use case or other comments. :)

As far as the distributed cloud piece, I'm not quite sure where the project
is with that. Perhaps someone else on the list can answer? I will try to
check on this for you and update you when I have more details.

Thanks,
Curtis

[1]:
http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2018-December/002246.html