[Starlingx-discuss] RFE Review Request for patch 88b7bc7 for StartlingX upstreaming

Ryan Tidwell rtidwell at suse.com
Wed Dec 19 22:07:49 UTC 2018

Chenjie,

Thanks for reaching out. I've taken a glance over the RFE, it's very
detailed but lacks some context. Just to be sure I understand this
correctly, is the idea here to use BGP EVPN as a method for providing
l2pop functionality? If so, I've actually been thinking about this for
some time now and I think it would be great to provide an alternative to
the current l2pop implementation. I could certainly see supporting this
functionality in some fashion in neutron-dynamic-routing. It looks like
this RFE is one of several in the neutron space that would be required
to achieve this functionaliy, is that correct? If I'm not understanding
the use case correctly, could you explain what you have in mind? In the
mean time I'll look this over again and leave some comments.

-Ryan