[Starlingx-discuss] build-pkgs: package built failed , mock package missing

Hu, Yong yong.hu at intel.com
Mon Jul 2 02:14:32 UTC 2018

    > >      13:37:39 ERROR: Could not find useradd in chroot, maybe the install failed?

It looked the local repo failed to be created. please check and assure "~/cgcs-root/cgcs-centos-repo/Binary/comps.xml" is there,
and the sub-dirs in ""~/cgcs-root/cgcs-centos-repo/Binary/" do exist with correct symbol links to the mirror.

On 30/06/2018, 1:09 PM, "Arce Moreno, Abraham" <abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com> wrote:

    > I'm not observing this.  Perhaps a change in the @buildsys-build package group
    > on your system.
    >
    > More inline below ...

    Thanks for your guidance! I am now able to continue with the compilation process,
    I will debug some time later what are the changes in my setup.

    > >      13:37:39 ERROR: Could not find useradd in chroot, maybe the install failed?
    > >
    > > And this is reflected also as our exit error when we try to enter the mock shell:
    > >
    > >      $ mock -r $MY_BUILD_CFG --shell

    > [SL] If you are using parallel build, please use the b0 config under the configs
    > directory ... e.g.

    Confirmed b0 config being used...

    > If you find that shadow-utils is still missing, I'd add it to ...
    >
    > $MY_REPO/build-tools/modify-build-cfg

    > grep -q "config_opts\['chroot_setup_cmd'\] = 'install @buildsys-build pigz lbzip2
    > yumshadow-utils'" $FILE || \
    >      echo "config_opts['chroot_setup_cmd'] = 'install @buildsys-build pigz lbzip2
    > yumshadow-utils'" >> $FILE ...

    I added it as suggested but it continued failing then I search for any other place
    buildsys-build [0] was used and I find that adding shadow-utils under b0 config made
    useradd to be installed and let me continue with the compilation process:

        $ .../ user-starlingx-tis-r5-pike-std.b0.cfg
        config_opts['rpmbuild_timeout'] = 0
        config_opts['chroot_setup_cmd'] = 'install @buildsys-build pigz lbzip2 yum shadow-utils'
        config_opts['module_install'] = []

    [0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Archive:Legacy/Mock?rd=Legacy/Mock