[Starlingx-discuss] Several build failures due to recent code integrations

Cordoba Malibran, Erich erich.cordoba.malibran at intel.com
Mon Jul 2 18:27:16 UTC 2018

    > The root cause in all failures is the same, not adding the new needed packages into the mirror. Same thing about python src rpm reported last week.

>    Since this is likely to be a frequent problem can we come up with a
>    test to verify the mirror lists?  I mean just make sure that our
>    mirror source lists contain what we think they need to contain, not
>    actually verify that the referenced packages are still available
>    without downloading them.

This could catch some to the problems, in particular the ones that are
explicitly set in the srpm_path files.

However, we still have the problem with the build requirements for every
package. For example, recently Python was added to be built[0], now the
src.rpm is needed. The solution here would be just to add python-2.7.5-58.el7.src.rpm
into the package list. It turns out that (as detailed in another mail thread)
three more packages (build dependencies) are needed to have a clean
build of the python package. This is something that we can see until
build time.

[0] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/578996/