[Starlingx-discuss] build-pkgs: package built failed , mock package missing

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Wed Jul 4 13:45:29 UTC 2018

build-pkgs will by default run in parallel mode.  This means two things,
a different build order than the serial build, and the possibility that
earlier packages built in a different mock environment.  It likely works
in a serial build because an earlier package has a "Require: X" where X
is shadow-utils or something that depends on shadow-utils.  Since we
reuse the mock environment rather than clearing it after each package
(faster builds), the shadow-utils package is available for later
packages and might allow then to get away with a missing dependency.

The real solution is to add 'Requires: shadow-utils' to the spec file of
the package that breaks.

Adding it via modify-build-cfg was based on the theory (unconfirmed)
that @buildsys-build macro has been redefined on newer CentOS systems
and shadow-utils has been dropped from the set of packages that
@buildsys-build maps to.  It seems like a quicker way to enable folks,
rather than adding 'Requires: shadow-utils' to potemtially a lot of
packages.

Scott