[Starlingx-discuss] cannot establish ssh connection compute-vm

Perez Carranza, Jose jose.perez.carranza at intel.com
Wed Jul 4 17:03:44 UTC 2018

Hi Folks

I followed steps on [1] and [2] and have a successfully cirros VM up and running, but I'm not able to  stablish an SSH connection form "compute to VM" using below steps

====================
$USER="cirros"
$VM_NAME="server.nano"
$IP=`openstack server list --name $VM_NAME -f value -c Networks | awk '{ split($1, v, "="); print v[2]}'`
$NAMESPACE=$(ip netns | grep $(neutron net-list --name net -f value -c id))
$sudo ip netns exec $NAMESPACE ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no $USER@$IP

Is giving me "Connection timed out", VM has "default" security group that enables all the connections and all the ports. Did someone has faced this issue ?

1- https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Installation_Guide/Controller_Storage
2- https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Validation_Guide

Regards,
José