[Starlingx-discuss] build-pkgs: package built failed , mock package missing

Arce Moreno, Abraham abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Fri Jul 13 01:15:39 UTC 2018

Thanks Yong!

> One more comment to this guide:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Developer_Guide
> We might have to add a session to update initial images, *if kernel or device
> modules are modified*.

In you experience, how would we identify this "update initial images" is required?
Are we having a specific error saying the image is not found and take it as a trigger?
Can we make this a default process to follow?

We have the following steps under the same guide, are they still meaningful?
Should they be replaced by the steps you have shared?

    Mirror Binaries
    $ mkdir -p $HOME/starlingx/mirror/CentOS/tis-installer
    $ cp $HOME/starlingx/mirror/CentOS/stx-r1/CentOS/pike/Binary/images/pxeboot/initrd.img $HOME/starlingx/mirror/CentOS/tis-installer/initrd.img-stx-0.2
    $ cp $HOME/starlingx/mirror/CentOS/stx-r1/CentOS/pike/Binary/images/pxeboot/vmlinuz $HOME/starlingx/mirror/CentOS/tis-installer/vmlinuz-stx-0.2
    $ cp $HOME/starlingx/mirror/CentOS/stx-r1/CentOS/pike/Binary/LiveOS/squashfs.img $HOME/starlingx/mirror/CentOS/tis-installer/squashfs.img-stx-0.2

> Here are steps:
> 1). Run command: $ update-pxe-network-installer After this is done, there
> should be 3 new files (vmlinuz, initrd.img and squashfs.img) generated in:
> $BUILD_FOLDER/pxe-network-installer/output
> 2). copy these 3 files into mirror “/import/mirrors/CentOS/tis-installer/” and
> put appropriate postfix. Note, the new info (images with the postfix) need to
> updated accordingly in in “build_srpm.data” and “pxe-network-
> installer.spec” under “cgcs-root/addons/wr-cgcs/layers/cgcs/mwa-
> beas/installer/pxe-network-installer/centos/”
> 3).  re-build pkgs and iso: (no need to make a clean build)

These are our building steps:

    $ cd $MY_WORKSPACE
    $ build-pkgs --serial
    $ generate-cgcs-tis-repo
    $ build-srpms --installer
    $ build-rpms --installer
    $ build-iso

Where do you suggest we add the "update initial images" process?