[Starlingx-discuss] Build and import mirror strategy

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Fri Jul 13 22:06:19 UTC 2018

I've made a bit of progress today on how we might improve our handling of the import mirror and improve our builds.

If you look at the Clear Linux project (https://clearlinux.org/), they have solved the same problem we are trying to solve.  So what I would propose Is that the Intel team take the lead of putting together a proposal to create a StarlingX build environment that leverages tools, practices and processes from Clear Linux.  We have people on our team who are already familiar with those tools and with Clear Linux.

This is a medium-to-long term solution.  Even if we re-use all the methods, docs and tools, getting it all working for us will take a while.

No progress yet on a short term solution.

         brucej