[Starlingx-discuss] Adding packages to build .lst files

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 19:55:52 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 1:21 PM, Penney, Don <Don.Penney at windriver.com> wrote:
> I started writing a script to pull together a list of the dependencies based
> on Requires and BuildRequires. As I understand it, we need to add all such
> dependencies, recursively, to these .lst files. Using the StarlingX.repo
> config file as an arg to repoquery, I get some packages overlapping with
> rpms_from_centos_3rd_parties.lst, however, so I’m hoping there’s some clear
> direction with these files. My script is finding hundreds of rpms to add to
> rpms_from_centos_repo.lst with its calls to repoquery to resolve the
> dependencies, so either I’ve got lots of overlap and many of these need to
> go to the 3rdparty file, my repoquery approach for automating this is
> completely wrong, or these new packages are using a completely different set
> of dependencies for the builds than anything else we’ve got.

Thank you!  I haven't had time to look at that yet but have been
hoping that we could generate even more of this stuff from the other
parts of the repo.  As for the volume of dependencies, it's been a
while since I did something like that with RHEL, but it has always had
copious amounts of dependencies even for "small" installations.  (Does
DBus still require X on a server?  I don't think so, but it once
did...)

> I’ve attached the first draft of my script for anyone that’s curious.

The attachment was bounced by Intel's MTA because of the .sh
attachment so @intel.com addresses missed this.  I'd go ahead and
propose a WIP review[0] to stx-tools and iterate on it there.

dt

[0] In case not everyone knows the common practices in Gerrit, WIP
reviews usually begin the commit message with 'WIP' or the
author/committer can set a Workflow -1 in the Reply dialog.  Or both.
Often this means it is not ready for detailed review or it could be a
way to solicit feedback during development, it is convenient to
mention the reason for WIP in the commit message.

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com