[Starlingx-discuss] Adding packages to build .lst files

Ponce Castaneda, Guillermo A guillermo.a.ponce.castaneda at intel.com
Tue Jul 17 21:25:43 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Yes, this tool I made can come in handy to search for packages faster.
The tools utilizes a Google API to search for specific files, it can search for
any kind of file, althought we have to use it for rpms and srpms.

Google API returns a list of sites that match the search criteria, this script
goes to that list and search on the html for the <a href> tags looking for the
name of the package and tries to download them all.

In the end you get a directory tree like this: downloads/<package_name>/ with
none or many files.

Why is it written in node.js and not in any other language?
I know how to code on it (more or less) and the Google API was way easier to use
than python's, the one that I was able to make work on python was for python 2.

This script is still far from being perfect but I could move faster if more
people uses it and gives me feedback, what I have identified as improvement
opportunities are:
- It could receive a list of packages instead of a single one.
- It could look for rpm integrity or at least if the package is signed.

I will add it to the stx-tools repo shortly and see if it goes through.