[Starlingx-discuss] Adding packages to build .lst files

Ponce Castaneda, Guillermo A guillermo.a.ponce.castaneda at intel.com
Wed Jul 18 13:26:47 UTC 2018

>On 7/17/18, 7:18 PM, "Dean Troyer" <dtroyer at gmail.com> wrote:

    >On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 4:25 PM, Ponce Castaneda, Guillermo A
    ><guillermo.a.ponce.castaneda at intel.com> wrote:
    >> Why is it written in node.js and not in any other language?
    >> I know how to code on it (more or less) and the Google API was way easier to use
    >> than python's, the one that I was able to make work on python was for python 2.

    >Is there any other node in STX? I am not aware of any and would be
    >reluctant to add yet another platform requirement to this build
    >system.  I know I'd be reluctant to install node on my laptop just to
    >run this... it's bad enough the python bits I have to go through to
    >install OpenStackClient and I wrote the dang thing.

    That is correct, I do not think there is another node.js code, and that is why I
    also created a Dockerfile so nobody has to install node on their machines and
    just run it inside a container.

    >> This script is still far from being perfect but I could move faster if more
    >> people uses it and gives me feedback, what I have identified as improvement
    >> opportunities are:
    >> - It could receive a list of packages instead of a single one.
    >> - It could look for rpm integrity or at least if the package is signed.

    >Validating signed packages is an absolute requirement.

    Totally agree, I haven't found a way to do it with node instructions,
    but I guess I can just add an 'rpm -vK' command inside a subprocess like
    instruction.

    --

    Dean Troyer
    dtroyer at gmail.com