[Starlingx-discuss] Adding packages to build .lst files

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 16:47:21 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 8:26 AM, Ponce Castaneda, Guillermo A
<guillermo.a.ponce.castaneda at intel.com> wrote:
>     That is correct, I do not think there is another node.js code, and that is why I
>     also created a Dockerfile so nobody has to install node on their machines and
>     just run it inside a container.

I'm sorry but I do not consider requiring Docker and some non-trivial
OS image to run a simple script to be an improvement.  It isn't just
the installation of the runtime it is also the cognitive overhead of
requiring another bit of language expertise to maintain the tool.  If
this were a node project I'd say the same thing about introducing a
python script.

dt

--

Dean Troyer