[Starlingx-discuss] Milestone 2018.07.0 is available.

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 16:05:47 UTC 2018

In our first steps toward creating a release process I created a
branch last night named 'm/2018.07' that forms the basis for our first
monthly milestone.

See the new wiki page[0] for a WIP overview of the process.  As a
reminder, the milestones are created in order to provide a stable
source for extended testing and a way to fix issues specifically for
that build (backported from master).  [Between the time I started this
email and actually sent it we had our first backport!]

I submitted a review[2] that contains an updated default.xml manifest
that will pull the branch rather than master, you can try it with:

  repo init -u https://git.starlingx.io/stx-manifest.git -b
refs/changes/48/584348/1 -m default.xml

It pulls the right branches, however there are a couple of things I am
still investigating:
* the remote branchess are all prefixed with 'm/', so the remote
branch for the milestone is shown in a git branch -r as 'm/m/2018.07'
* the repos from Gerrit are detatched HEAD although it is at the right sha

I am certain these are due to my still becoming familiar with the
intricacies of the repo tool and configuring the manifest properly.
Manual git clones from the upstream repos show the branch names as
expected.

dt

[0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Release_Process
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/584430/