[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX.repo using CentOS 7.3 binary repos instead of 7.4?

Hu, Yong yong.hu at intel.com
Mon Jul 23 01:06:43 UTC 2018

We have 2 types of dependencies to handle:
1). Build dependencies (indicated by “build requires”) and
2) deployment (installation) dependencies (indicated by “requires”).

If we are aware of a new package is needed, this package name could be added into *.lst, and accordingly the package itself can be managed to download and added into the mirror.
But the *indirect* dependencies brought into by this new package couldn’t be explicitly figured out until the build failures, going along with the building iterations.

It would be helpful to have a script to analyze the dependency chain, BEFORE actually trying the build iterations painfully.

Would love to see how Clear Linux project efficiently resolve this problem.

Regards,
Yong