[Starlingx-discuss] Important! Storyboard Story Tag & Prefix Policy

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Mon Jul 23 14:56:13 UTC 2018

On 07/20/2018 01:07 PM, Jones, Bruce E wrote:
> I have made an executive decision as to how we should use the Storyboard tool.
> After discussing the matter with Ghada and our OpenStack Foundation team, I have
> documented our Tag and Prefix policy[0] on the wiki, in the section called
> “Story and Bug Tracking” [1].  I’m doing this because Reasons [2].
>
> Here is a summary of the policy.
>
> All Stories in the Storyboard tool shall have Tags. *If you create a new Story,*
> *make sure to add the tag “stx.new”*.  We can then query this story and assign
> it to a sub-project and a release.  If you don’t tag it that way, we may never
> find it again.   Assigning Stories to releases is a process that I think should
> be driven by the Cores together with the Release team.  That is TBD.

Given that bugs might be opened by people that don't know our procedures, would
it would maybe make more sense to have new bugs start with no such tag, and then
we could add a tag indicating that it's been processed?

We could create an automatic workist to track "Stories where ProjectGroup is
starlingx and Tags is bug and Tags is not new" in order to monitor which new
bugs need to get assigned a sub-project and release.

> If you are filing a bug, please also add the “stx.bug” tag.  I have updated all
> of the currently entered bugs with that tag.  If you are filing a Story for a
> feature, please add the “stx.feature” tag.  I’m going to update the existing
> feature stories to add that tag soon.

Why do we need "stx." prefixes for the tags?  If it's to distinguish
stories/tasks belonging to StarlingX I think we could skip the prefix and add a
"ProjectGroup is starlingx" query clause when querying stories/tasks.

Chris