[Starlingx-discuss] Adding packages to build .lst files

Ponce Castaneda, Guillermo A guillermo.a.ponce.castaneda at intel.com
Mon Jul 23 20:30:25 UTC 2018

>On 7/23/18, 3:08 PM, "Scott Little" <scott.little at windriver.com> wrote:

    >Do we trust every link on google to point to a malware free version of
    >the package ?

    >I think it's ill advised to take the human out of the loop.  At most,
    >list the validated download url's found... along with a warning from all
    >but a few trusted url's.

Totally agree, the script prints the URL where the package comes from on
Line 64:
64             print("Downloading file %02d: %s" % (count, p))

Regarding the trusted URLs, I did not know there was a list of them, in fact
I thought the problem was that since the package was not found on the
repositories, which are trusted, we needed to look for them on the web,
if there is a list, I will make use of it and display any warning message just
as suggested.

The workaround so far is to run a command rpm -Kv <package.rpm> on
the packages to be sure the packages are signed and throw away the ones
that are not.

As for the automation of the rpm check process, it is still work in progress,
I want to avoid using a subprocess command to do it and I want to do it
using only python modules, so far I haven't had luck when looking for a
module that does that, another reason not to use a subprocess command is
that if you run the program from a system that does not have rpm command
the script would fail anyway.

    >Scott

Thank you
- Guillermo Ponce