[Starlingx-discuss] download_mirrors.sh issues

Arce Moreno, Abraham abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Wed Jul 25 18:32:50 UTC 2018

> I am following the instructions here:
>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Developer_Guide#Software_Requir
> ements

Thanks Al!

A request for everybody, please continuously refresh the webpage due to the
daily changes. The word "Temporal!" is used across this guide to highlight those patches
needed to have a successful build.

For branch Master, we are identifying those patches not merged as:
    Temporal! Only Branch Master

For branch m/2018.07, we are identifying those patches not merged as:
    Temporal! Only Branch m/2018.07

> I have been un-successful in running the first setup actions for doing an
> official build, which is getting my mirror setup.
>
> I have all the latest commits in master for stx-tools.

Our commit ids for today's build are:

stx-tools branch master

    $ git log --pretty=oneline -2
    f31f99ab91435c32c24a86efd2e697177074f4b7 Merge "policycoreutils-newrole was missing"
    c3000c2936f56ad0257142d5c5bad3afc08c46cc Merge "upgrade linux-firmware RPM version"```

stx-tools branch m/2018.07

    $ git log --pretty=oneline -5
    88aadc543085e24e3c5df10ec63996b9f5551ff6 Merge "Package updates for new version of selinux-policy" into m/2018.07
   9c44470a2d6ff86a40f42c2b608e723c355ae38f Merge "Copy mock.cfg.proto and comps.xml files into cgcs-centos-repo" into m/2018.07```

> The first issue encountered was the macros.   This has already been reported
> here
> https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003072
>
> I only had 4 entries listed as missing, until after I updated these to the
> following newer versions
>
> epel-rpm-macros-7-19.noarch.rpm
> python2-rpm-macros-3-20.el7.noarch.rpm
> python-rpm-macros-3-20.el7.noarch.rpm
> python-srpm-macros-3-20.el7.noarch.rpm

Also in this setup...

> I don't know if that is the appropriate solution, since all this allowed me to do
> was fail to download some other things.

We have 2 options:

1. a manual download of the packages
2. use of a tool, in review status [0]

> Running download_mirror.sh again showed  140+ rpms as missing
>
> As an aside, sometimes the "missing"  log files are blank, even though not all
> components were downloaded.   I assume this is due to something aborting.

> Lighttpd  for example  is never being found.

Same here:

    Delta RPMs disabled because /usr/bin/applydeltarpm not installed.
    warning: /var/cache/yum/x86_64/7/epel/packages/lighttpd-1.4.49-1.el7.x86_64.rpm: \
        Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 352c64e5: NOKEY
    Public key for lighttpd-1.4.49-1.el7.x86_64.rpm is not installed

> By redirecting the script to log everything to a file, it shows this particular
> error message which may be a potential culprit
>
> "Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, ovl
> http://epel.blizoo.mk/epel/7Server/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14]
> HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
> Trying other mirror.
> To address this issue please refer to the below knowledge base article
> https://access.redhat.com/solutions/69319
> If above article doesn't help to resolve this issue please create a bug on
> https://bugs.centos.org/
> One of the configured repositories failed (Starlingx-
> epel.blizoo.mk_epel_7Server_x86_64 -
> epel.blizoo.mk_epel_7Server_x86_64),
> and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only
> safe thing yum can do is fail."
>
> Does anyone know anything about this blizoo  repo?  Is it causing anyone else
> to not be able to download all the rpms,  or  is it unrelated to the build setup
> issues?

Not seeing the blizoo repo failure in our side... internet connection is slow so will come back to
you with more updates some time later.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/585009/