[Starlingx-discuss] Core team meeting minutes 8/26/2018

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Thu Jul 26 16:36:37 UTC 2018

StarlingX Core Team meeting agenda and notes
This file is: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-cores

Agenda & notes for the 7/26 call:

  *   Priority of Python2 work - to be discussed next week

  *   Build system follow up - Bruce
o    Build the OS independently from everything else?  Set up a generic CentOS 7.5 build, then add our patches?
o    Can the WR internal build mirror be posted on S3?  How would we keep it secure?
o    We also need to improve the process of adding new dependencies - new commits require new mirror content

  *   e.g. 35 pending commits need 190 new packages added to the mirror.
o    Work is in progress to enable per-company mirrors - might be best short term solution

  *   stx-gui plan - Ian
o    This review in gerrit (584201) was not fully visible in the community.  It is now.  Eddie has posted reviews and updated them.  He may have posted an incorrect link.  Dean recommends we merge them.  Request for the WR Horizon prime (Tyler) to join the review.  Official StarlingX art assets have been requested and will be available to us shortly (EO July).

  *   Release planning (using release tags) - Bruce

  *   Review draft roadmap  - Bruce to send out for review

  *   Bug scrub process
o    WR to scrub internally.  Many of the currently open bugs have fixes in progress.

  *   Wind River commit backlog - size, scope, schedule
o    First wave is through.  Integration of gnochi - replaces ceilometer.  Docker / K8S support too.  Then the restructuring.  Then a next wave including initial containerized services and the beginnings of project de-coupling.

  *   SDL update
o    An internal Intel security review generated more work for the team - additional threats to mitigate.   Yong please share the list with the Core teams privately.

  *   Agenda for F2F in Ottawa
o    Strategic discussions e.g. Arkaino
o    Working in the open
o    Intel's requirements & plans
o    Wind River's requirements & plans
o    Jointly agreed roadmap
?  Big ticket items  - rebase OpenStack, Python3, OS Independence
o    Test strategy / release strategy / release planning
o    Security team and other subteams - review proposal, refine
o    Ian to consolidate and send out an updated agenda