[Starlingx-discuss] [Gerrit] How to watch a Gerrit project for changes

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 14:34:22 UTC 2018

Part of our new segment "Send Me More Email"

In the Gerrit Web UI select <user-name> -> Settings -> Watched Projects.

Add the list of projects you want to receive notifications for.
Project names are in the form 'openstack/stx-root'.  For each project
added to the list you can select the type of notifications to receive,
that is best explained by the Gerrit docs[0].

In your email client, set up a filter to route these to a folder or
your inbox will eventually be flooded.  In GMail a filter selection
like:

  list:"gerrit-openstack-stx-root"

will let you apply the desired action to notifications for the
stx-root project.  A filter like:

  list:"gerrit-openstack-stx-"

will match notifications for all StarlingX projects.

My practice is to label these like "StarlingX/Gerrit" and skip the
Inbox.  When I want to see what has happened recently I can select
that label and browse.

Those of you not new to Gerrit or OpenStack, what workflow has worked
well for you?

dt

[0]
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/user-notify.html#user