[Starlingx-discuss] Updating SHA pointers in build system.

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Mon Jun 18 14:36:39 UTC 2018

For patching purposes, it's required that either the package version, or the release number increment with every commit.

TIS_BASE_SRCREV is part of a mechanism to automatically set the release number by counting commits from a reference commit.

TIS_BASE_SRCREV is the reference commit. It should point to a valid sha on the current branch.  A tag would also be acceptable, although I don't know if we've ever tested with a tag.

TIS_SRC_REV should be reset every time the openstack component declares a new version.

Scott Little