[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX meeting at PTG Denver 2018

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 07:15:08 UTC 2018

Hi,

The PTG (https://www.openstack.org/ptg/) is a 5 days long meeting series to provide face to face time to project teams under the OpenStack Foundation umbrella.

It is a great opportunity to discuss both project specific items and schedule cross-project collaborative sessions with other participating teams. StarlingX will have a scheduled meeting at the PTG, the exact schedule will be announced later.

Below please find some information from my colleague Kendall on participating teams and administrative info on the PTG. Please make sure you register to the event early and have your hotel booked so you don’t miss the discounted rate if you’re planning to attend.

Please add your name to the following etherpad if you plan on attending: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/StarlingXPTG4

Feel free to ping me if you have any questions to the information below or about the PTG itself.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó
(IRC: ildikov)

Hello Everyone!

Wanted to give you some updates on PTG4 planning. We have finalized the list of SIGs/ Groups/WGs/Teams that are attending. They are as follows:

* Airship
* API SIG
* Barbican/Security SIG
* Blazar
* Chef OpenStack
* Cinder
* Cyborg
* Designate
* Documentation
* Edge Computing Group
* First Contact SIG
* Glance
* Heat
* Horizon
* Infrastructure
* Interop WG
* Ironic
* Kata
* Keystone
* Kolla
* LOCI
* Manila
* Masakari
* Mistral
* Monasca
* Neutron
* Nova
* Octavia
* OpenStack Ansible
* OpenStack Charms
* OpenStack Helm
* OpenStackClient
* Operator Meetup
* Puppet OpenStack
* QA
* Oslo
* Public Cloud WG
* Release Management
* Requirements
* Sahara
* Scientific SIG
* Self-Healing SIG
* SIG-K8s
* StarlingX
* Swift
* OpenStack TC
* TripleO
* Upgrades SIG
* Watcher
* Zuul (pending confirmation)

Thierry and I are working on placing them into a strawman schedule to reduce conflicts between related or overlapping groups. We should have more on what that will look like and a draft for you all to review in the next few weeks.

We also wanted to remind you all of the Travel Support Program. We are again doing a two phase selection. The first deadline is approaching: July 1st. At this point we have less than a dozen applicants so if you need it or even think you need it, I urge you to apply here[1].

Also! Reminder that we have a finite number of rooms in the hotel block so please book early to make sure you get the discounted rate before they run out. You can book those rooms here[2] (pardon the ugly URL).

Can't wait to see you all there!

-Kendall Nelson (diablo_rojo)

P.S. Gonna try to do a game night again since you all seemed to enjoy it so much last time :)

[1] https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/travelsupportptg_denver_2018
[2] https://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=Project%20Teams%20Gathering%2C%20Openstack%5Edensa%60opnopna%7Copnopnb%60149.00%60USD%60false%604%609/5/18%609/18/18%608/20/18&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes