[Starlingx-discuss] Directory restructuring

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 20:45:09 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 3:09 PM, Scott Little
<scott.little at windriver.com> wrote:
> I have the two sets of updates nearly ready.
>
> 1)  Rename the mwa-* subdirectories, making the directory name match the git
> name.  e.g. mwa-sparta will be replaced by stx-integ.
>
> 2) Strip out the addons/wr-cgcs/layers/cgcs, replacing it with 'stx'
>
> After both change sets, common paths will look like ... e.g.
>
> $MY_REPO/stx/stc-integ
> $MY_REPO/stx/git/nova

Much better!

> I think we are targeting July 5 to have the change sets out for review, and
> hopefully quick acceptance.

OK, holiday week should be slow and is a good time to do this I think.
We should have https://review.openstack.org/578532 merged by then so
Depends-On will work across repos and we could make them all depend on
the manifest change so everything merges at once.   The cool thing is,
if (when!) we have tests running, we could test the entire set
together using this.

I think you should go ahead and post them to Gerrit and mark them WIP
so I don't go and merge them early (oops).  repo can pull from Gerrit
easily.  That would give us a chance to try it out, we may have some
additional things that need tweaking to follow your changes
immediately.

> With respect to the manifest files, I'm still working with stx-r0.xml.  Is
> that ok, or would it be preferable to start a new one?  The old would be
> unbuildable.  I'm just wondering if it would help folks during the
> transition to still have access to the old manifest.

We need to make stx-manifest/default.xml be the normal starting point.

Thanks Scott!

dt

--

Dean Troyer