[Starlingx-discuss] [Build] Question about meta_patches

Cordoba Malibran, Erich erich.cordoba.malibran at intel.com
Thu Nov 1 23:01:46 UTC 2018

Hi all,

As I understand, the meta_patches are patches that are applied to the
specfiles for projects where a SRPM is downloaded. This process is
something like:

 - Unpack srpm
 - Apply patches to the <project>.spec file. Most of this patches are
just modifications to add source code patches.
 - Create a new srpm with the source, the modified specfile and
additional patches that will be applied on build time.

So, having this process, I'm wondering in the need of having the
meta_patches instead in just one <project>.spec checked in the
repository.

Also, I'm trying to understand the rationale behind these meta_patches.

Thank you in advance.

-Erich