[Starlingx-discuss] Instance HA (IHA)

Michel Thebeau michel.thebeau at windriver.com
Mon Nov 5 18:22:29 UTC 2018

Hi Volker,

Yes, what is described online as instance HA is working in StarlingX.  I
tested on a cluster with dedicated storage.

I added storage extra spec to a flavor, like this:
$ nova flavor-key ${flavour_name} set
aggregate_instance_extra_specs:storage=remote

And I added all the computes to the existing host aggregate named
remote_storage_hosts (it already has extra spec storage=remote).

Then I launched an instance.  And I abruptly stopped the host it was
running on.  After a few seconds the controller recognized the compute
was not responding and the instance was rebuilt on the other compute.

===

If you still have a question for load-balancing, I recommend a new
message to starlingx discuss list with instance load-balancing in the
subject line.