[Starlingx-discuss] Analysis of patch 039705e for StarlingX upstreaming

Qin, Kailun kailun.qin at intel.com
Tue Nov 6 07:09:48 UTC 2018

Hi Matt,

We're looking into the patch 039705e for upstreaming, which contains several base changes.

1.      For the oslo.db related change, upstream has already dropped this override in neutron-server to make it use default values from oslo.db (see https://review.openstack.org/456419/ for detailed information).

2.      For the keystone opts registration, I guess it is used for connecting to external services. From upstream's perspective, this should be maintained along with the specific service to extend rather than make it globally.

3.      For the others, I think they're StarlingX specific.
Thus, I suggest that we should not upstream these changes.

What do you think? Let me know if any question, thanks!

BR,
Kailun