[Starlingx-discuss] Analysis of patch 2e4ca00 for StarlingX Upstreaming

Legacy, Allain Allain.Legacy at windriver.com
Tue Nov 6 12:29:36 UTC 2018

The issue with changing the configuration value from 60 to 6 is that provides the default value for _METHOD_TIMEOUTS which means now each RPC request will timeout after 6 seconds rather than 60 seconds.  In a heavily loaded system that timeout will get hit frequently thus leading to repeated RPC requests and an increased load on the server.

We need a way to control the maximum timeout without reducing the timeout of each individual RPC timeout so much as to increase the load on the server.

I think it is unlikely that upstream will accept the current change in its current form.  Perhaps we need to propose a configuration option that can be controlled via config file but still leaves the default as it is today.

Regards,
Allain

Allain Legacy, Software Developer, Wind River
direct 613.270.2279  fax 613.492.7870 skype allain.legacy
350 Terry Fox Drive, Suite 200, Ottawa, Ontario, K2K 2W5

[WIND]<http://www.windriver.com/>