[Starlingx-discuss] Notes: Weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack Distro meeting, 11/7

Xie, Cindy cindy.xie at intel.com
Wed Nov 7 14:49:51 UTC 2018

Agenda and notes for 11/7 meeting:
    1. 2019.03 release content discussion (Cindy)
    - CentOS 7.6 upgrade (including kernel upgrade) when appropriate): Redhat release dropped 7.6 on Oct 30th. CentOS 7.6 should be released by the end of this year.
    - non-openStack patch reduction by 40%: ~400 patches in the beginning of effort. ~160 patches needs to be abandomed or upstreamed
    - Python2to3 non-openStack 100% done: flocks and OS dependent packages need to be Python3 ready.
    - DevStack flocks plug-in 100% done: stories have been created.
    - Qemu updated to 3.0, libvirt TBD
    - Ceph upgrade

    2. non-openStack patch refactor status (Zhipeng/Shuicheng)
23 tasks created for 23 packages under story 2003768: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003768
9/23 now have patches generated, with 3 merged and 6 under review.
39 Meta patches removed with 9 packages refactored.
6 SRPM can be replaced with RPM if we finish up 23 packages, 3 of them finished by 9 package refactor

other effort also going on, Shuicheng will have detail data after the effort.

    3. non-openStack patch upstream status (Saul)
    generating storyboard for newly reviewed patch, no # yet. 2 reviewed which can be moved to the next step. Others are waiting for WR's feedback. Cindy will take the AR to see my storyboard dashboard.

    4. Ceph upgrade status (Vivian/Dehao) - deferred to TSC discussion
    5. review the core reviewer name list for non-openstack distro sub-project
    repo belongs to non-Openstack distro: stx-integ; stx-tis repo is legacy repo and can be dropped.     stx-tool will be covered by build/package sub-project.
    Current proposed core reviewers:
   Scott Little (scott.little at windriver.com)
   Bob Church (Robert.Church at windriver.com)
   Don Penney (Don.Penney at windriver.com )
   Jason McKenna (Jason.McKenna at windriver.com)
   Wold, Saul <saul.wold at intel.com>
   Rowsell, Brent <Brent.Rowsell at windriver.com>
Process of adding core reviewers: community to nominate, be reviewed by TL (Saul & Brent) and approve.
We approved all 6 core reviewers for non-openstack distro project.

    6. Opens (all) - None