[Starlingx-discuss] Build failure on lastest build Sterling 31/10/2018

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 15:56:14 UTC 2018

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 11:12 PM Lin, Shuicheng <shuicheng.lin at intel.com> wrote:
> The two patches need be merged together, so it is like A and B depends on each other.
> But currently in gerrit/zuul, we cannot make patch depends on each other. It is a limitation I think.
> So I just set A depends on B.

In this situation the best approach is to get A approved first.  It
will go through the gate pipeline but will not merge until B is
approved.  When B gets through the gate pipeline they will both merge
close together.  It is still not at exactly the same time but is gets
close.

You do not have to wait until A is done before approving B, you just
want it to get started enough earlier so B does not finish ahead of
it.  This minimizes the gap between the merges.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com