[Starlingx-discuss] API requests: stx-ha

Arce Moreno, Abraham abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Wed Nov 14 02:06:06 UTC 2018

stx-ha team,

Based in some time spent within stx-ha, I found some mismatches between
documentation and source code so I am kindly requesting your comments for
questions "?" under each section [ Section ].

Let's assume the require X-Auth-Token is in place to authenticate, only URLs
are shown.

[ v1/ ]

API documentation [0] includes the following services:
- services
- servicenodes
- servicegroup

And API queries shows those services plus additional ones:
- servicenode
- services
- sm_sda
- nodes
- service_groups

? Should we target an update to the documentation in terms of number
   of services?
? Should we include the matching of names?
   e.g. servicegroup > service_group
? Anything we are not considering to have these differences as valid?

Additionally, when we look at the name and description reported out by
    curl -i http://10.10.10.2:7777/
there is a mismatch between documentation [0] and source code [1] ?

        Documentation
         "description":"STX-HA Services API allows for the management of HA Services
          running on the Controller Cluster. This includes inventory collection and
          configuration of hosts, ports, interfaces, CPUs, disk, memory, and system
          configuration.  The API also supports the configuration of the cloud's SNMP interface. ",
        "name":"STX-HA Services API"

        Source Code
        root.name = "System Management API"
        root.description = "System Management API from Wind River"

? I am assuming the correct information is from documentation since it was modified and
   the source code needs to be updated, is this a correct assumption?

[ v1/servicenode]

This specific service is the only one not available sending API requests but available in code [2]:
$ curl -i http://10.10.10.2:7777/v1/servicenode
<not available>

? Any special treatment / call for this service?
? Is this not available in Simplex configuration? This is the actual configuration I am
   requesting information to.

Thanks for your initial support.

[0] https://docs.starlingx.io/api-ref/stx-ha/
[1] https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/stx-ha/tree/service-mgmt-api/sm-api/sm_api/api/controllers/root.py