[Starlingx-discuss] [Ironic] deploy bare metal by Ironic
Greg.Waines at windriver.com
Mon Nov 19 17:57:34 UTC 2018
Yes StarlingX does support Ironic.
Some quick notes on its usage:
* It is currently only supported on StarlingX Standard Configurations
* i.e. NOT on All-In-One Simplex or Duplex
* An additional interface, of network-type ‘control’, must be added to the two Controllers
* These interfaces are connected to the ‘ironic provisioning tenant network’,
* ... used for network-booting the ironic nodes
* These interfaces are configured with an IP Address from the subnet of the ‘ironic provisioning network’,
* Typically the ironic provisioning network is on a flat provider network ... but does not have to be
* At least one compute node must also be attached to the ‘ironic provisioning network’
* The ironic service is optional in StarlingX Deployments
* Before enabling it you must first set a number of ironic ‘service parameters’
* system service-parameter-add ironic neutron provisioning_network=<IRONIC_PROVISIONING_NET_UUID>
* system service-parameter-add ironic pxe tftp_server=<TFTP_SERVER_IP>
* NOTE: this is the floating IP of the Ironic Conductor / TFTP Server on the ironic provisioning network
* system service-parameter-add ironic pxe netmask=24
* system service-parameter-add ironic pxe controller_0_if=<CONTROLLER_0_INTERFACE>
* system service-parameter-add ironic pxe controller_1_if=<CONTROLLER_1_INTERFACE>
* and then
* system service-enable ironic
... after that, create ironic nodes and boot Baremetal Instances on those nodes as described in the Ironic Documentation.
From: "Hu, Yong" <yong.hu at intel.com>
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 8:48 PM
To: "starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io" <starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>
Subject: [Starlingx-discuss] [Ironic] deploy bare metal by Ironic
One customer asked how StarlingX supports bare metal support by Ironic.
And they mentioned Titanium Cloud used to support it well.
Anyone has the experience to deploy bare metal system by Ironic on StarlingX?
Suggests and feedbacks are much appreciated!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Starlingx-discuss