[Starlingx-discuss] UID / GID adds and removes in setup package

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Mon Nov 19 23:34:38 UTC 2018

Hi Dariush,

As I was reviewing the recent setup package refactor, I thought we need
more background on why we add / remove uids and gids in the setup
package vs for in an associated stx packages.

I can understand some of the uids (add associated gids) are being
removed such as mail, operator, games, ftp, lp.  But the bin, daemon and
adm users are also removed, and I think later we modify other packages
because some of these users are missing.

Is there any reason we can't keep these standard UIDs/GIDs?

Sau!