[Starlingx-discuss] Migrate Starling X kernel patches to LTS kernel

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 02:42:35 UTC 2018

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 8:25 PM Rowsell, Brent
<Brent.Rowsell at windriver.com> wrote:

> There are two kernels, standard and rt.
> Both are centos 7.5 based with a small set of patches applied on top along with modified kernel config options.

Thanks for the clarification

> Not quite understanding what you are asking. Are you proposing to replace the kernel in the starlingX project or just in your local environment  ?

For my local environment. I would not like to use CentOS kernel 3.10
but instead LTS 4.19

> What is the objective here ?

To have a more stable and secure kernel on my production system, there
are security fixes that would like to have on my kernel that LTS
provides

I know RHEL/CentOS is based on kernel 3.10 but other OSs are ot like
ubuntu/debian/fedora

Regards