[Starlingx-discuss] setup stx build environment

Arce Moreno, Abraham abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Wed Nov 21 15:22:11 UTC 2018

Hi Changcheng,

> I have one question about setting up stx build environment.
> Why not move lots of many basic program installation process from
> mirror-check.sh to Dockerfile directly?

There is a story to simplify the building process [0]

> Then stx community could supply one basic docker image as the base
> image to let developer customize it. Currently, I still need install lots of
> program after building Dockerfile into image.

Here you have some patches already merged and waiting for feedback:

- [1] Add unified dockerfile
- [2] Update Makefile
- [3] Remove deprecated Dockerfiles
- [4] Update documentation

This last commit will be fully reviewed by our Technical Writing team.

[0] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003712
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/601306/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/601307/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/601309/