[Starlingx-discuss] [build][meetings] Build team meeting minutes 11/22/2018

Lara, Cesar cesar.lara at intel.com
Tue Nov 27 17:52:19 UTC 2018

Build team meeting minutes 11/22/2018

Attendees
Ken, Scott, Jason, Saul, Marcela, Mario, Abraham, Memo, Erich, Victor, Cesar, Felipe

Agenda
- Cengn follow up - Ken
- Mirror script refactor - Marcela
- Build team Imperatives for next release

Meeting Minutes

Cengn follow up - we are getting close to have a daily build against master branch for StarlingX and generate the ISO and the build artifacts like the installer. On the build issues we were having on the Intel Infrastructure, where it fails based on changes to the .lst files containing the packages required, we agreed upon to have a higher frequency on the update of this files. These specific failures were due the order in which the PRs were accepted in our Gerrit queue.
AR - Scott and Jason to post the right order for changing packages and summiting patches around those, and also writing an Spec about it.

Build team Imperatives for next release -
- Support containerization of StarlingX bits
- Enable users on the mirror
- Include support for Golang packages

Mirror script refactor
Presentation on the proposal, the code and spec will follow up.
Questions - About the plan to integrate this tool? We will have to live with both scripts for at least a release cycle until we can deprecate the old script.
We need to discuss further about the options with the Yaml files that this new script relies on.

Opens
AR - Abraham to follow up on changes to the documentation for using a single Docker file, need this readme file to be posted to wiki and fed to StarlingX official documentation
AR - All - need to +1 +2 the PR about the consolidation of the Docker files and the changes to this documentation
Scott - Discussion around the enabling of GO for distros, not an easy problem to solve since it requires network connectivity during build time. Discussion of options to be followed up on Mailing List.

Regards

Cesar Lara
Software Engineering Manager
OpenSource Technology Center