[Starlingx-discuss] Analysis of patch 88b7bc7 for StartlingX upstreaming

Peters, Matt Matt.Peters at windriver.com
Wed Nov 28 17:43:07 UTC 2018

Hello Chenjie,
I agree, this is a bug.  I think the only reason it hasn’t been an issue is because the only user of the get_fdb_entries RPC is the BGP agent and it is not passing a host in the request (it is None), therefore it excludes the attempt to try and access the parameter as an agent based on the condition in _create_agent_fdb.

Here is the BGP caller:
https://github.com/starlingx-staging/stx-neutron-dynamic-routing/blob/master/neutron_dynamic_routing/services/bgp/agent/bgp_dragent.py#L1498