[Starlingx-discuss] How to post a PPT on StarlingX wiki?

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openstack.org
Thu Nov 29 18:26:28 UTC 2018

Hi,

The reason for the limitations on the wiki is that self-service upload of arbitrary files is prone to abuse.

A quick solution is to setup a separate git repository to store these files and we could leverage Zuul to get them uploaded to the docs webpage.

On the longer term it would be beneficial to look into what is sensible to be presented and stored as a pptx or pdf file versus something plain text based format or wiki page. Design documents or artifacts such as gap analysis work could live better as .rst documents for instance in git to provide version control to it as well in case it needs discussion and/or evolution.

Another aspect to consider is how valuable just the presentation file itself is considering that only a subset of the community attended the call or face to face meeting where it was presented? I’m bringing up the question from the perspective of how we structure information in order to make it informative for new comers as well as current active community members and whether it would be valuable to rethink how we share information as opposed to treating the symptom which is the limitations on storing arbitrary files.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Ildikó