[Starlingx-discuss] What's the preferred patch directory structure

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Wed Oct 3 17:31:18 UTC 2018

The original thinking was ....

1) Patching a centos src.rpm

a/<pkg-name>/centos/patches/
a/<pkg-name>/centos/meta-patches/
a/<pkg-name>/centos/files/
a/<pkg-name>/centos/srpm_path
a/<pkg-name>/centos/build_srpm.data

2) Patching a downloaded tarball, we supply the packaging.

b/downloads/<pkg-ver.tar.gz>
a/<pkg-name>/patches/
a/<pkg-name>/files/
a/<pkg-name>/centos/<pkg-name>.spec
a/<pkg-name>/centos/build_srpm.data

Note: build_srpm.data provides SRC_DIR=$STX_BASE/downloads/<pkg-name>
Note: This assumed the patches/files we add are distro agnostic. If our
added content is centos specific, move patches/files under centos.

3) packaging our own content (small packages)

a/<pkg-name>/<pkg-name[-opt-version]>    or possibly    .../<pkg-name>/src/
a/<pkg-name>/centos/<pkg-name>.spec
a/<pkg-name>/centos/build_srpm.data

Note: build_srpm.data provides SRC_DIR=$PKG_BASE/git/<pkg-name>

4a) packaging our own content, large package sored in a separate git.
4b) packaging 3rd party git

b/git/<pkg-name>
a/<pkg-name>/centos/<pkg-name>.spec
a/<pkg-name>/centos/build_srpm.data

Note: build_srpm.data provides SRC_DIR=$STX_BASE/git/<pkg-name>

Scott